Where should R&I funding go? Provide input into Horizon 2020 work programme on secure, clean and efficient energy.
The Research & Innovation workshop gathered the wind energy community in order to agree on the R&I challenges and priorities that should form the basis of the 2016 Strategic Research Agenda (SRA), with the main focus on fulfilling the following objectives:
- Reduce LCOE;
- Facilitate System Integration;
- Reinforce European Technological leadership: and
- Provide Excellent Human Resources.
The identified R&I priorities formed the basis of the discussion of the workshop.
Speakers and programme
- Welcome and Introduction, Introducing ETIPWind activities & objectives: Aidan Cronin, Chairman, ETIPWind Steering Committee;
- Industrial policy supporting Europe’s Leadership in wind energy, EU R&I policy to support wind energy: Gwennaël Joliff-Botrel, Head of Unit, Strategy (Energy), DG R&I, European Commission; and
- Outcomes of the 2014 Strategic Research Agenda and implications for the future R&I priorities, Status report of the Strategic Research Agenda 2014 implementation and future research priorities: Daniel Fraile, Head of Market Intelligence, WindEurope.
Break-out discussions 1 – Presentation of the R&I priority areas defined ETIPWind advisory group in order to maintain Europe’s leadership by accelerating the sector’s industrialisation:
- Group 1: Grid systems, infrastructure and integration
Rapporteur: Mr. Adrian Timbus, Technology and Solutions Manager, Smart Grids and Wind Power, ABB.
- Group 2: Operation and maintenance
Rapporteur: Mr. Agnar Gudmundsson, Senior Director, Modularization & Standardization, Vestas.
Break-out discussions 2 – Presentation of the R&I priority areas defined ETIPWind advisory group in order to maintain Europe’s leadership by accelerating the sector’s industrialisation:
- Group 1: Industrialisation
Rapporteur: Mr. Anders Bach Andersen, Senior Product Manager, MHI Vestas.
- Group 2: Offshore balance of plant
Rapporteur: Mr. Jørn Scharling Holm, Technology Partnerships Manager, DONG Energy Wind Power.
Report back, discussion, wrap-up and conclusions.
Q&A, conclusion and wrap-up: Moderated by Aidan Cronin, Chairman, ETIPWind Steering Committee.
You can find more information and conclusions from the workshop in the report below:
Thank you to the speakers and participants!