Since 2014, EERA JP Wind has been organising yearly events in Amsterdam. The collaboration between EERA JP Wind and SETWind project started in 2019 with a 2-day physical event where 112 researchers and industry collaborators came from all Europe. In 2020 the annual event was a fully digital conference organized by EERA JP Wind & SETWind, in collaboration with ETIPWind. It was five days of knowledge sharing, inspiring discussions, networking and collaboration opportunities within 482 members of the Wind community.
We are glad to announce here that the EERA JP Wind & SETWind Annual Event 2021 will be from the 20th to the 24th of September 2021. The restrictions for traveling and managing physical events are still uncertain, but the intention is to organize a hybrid event where participants can either join the event physically in Amsterdam or join the event virtually.
The EERA JP Wind & SETWind Annual Event aims for knowledge exchange, network opportunities and inspiration for new research topics. It is intended to focus on R&I priorities and technology development visions.
EERA JP Wind calls for abstracts with “Research priorities” and “Technology development vision”. Oral presentations by the contributors will be selected. Optionally, papers may be written that are published in conference proceedings that become available online.
The important topics in the Annual event are:
- Digitalisation and asset management for wind energy
- Floating wind; Recent developments, knowledge gaps and urgent research priorities
- Wind energy system integration, how are we going to use the energy of the large-scale offshore wind power in our energy system.
- Towards multi-scale wind flow modelling and measurements
- Social considerations while implementing onshore wind
- Sustainability and circular economy; material availability and usage
The annual event will have a strong focus on the development of the Lighthouse Initiatives.
The Lighthouse initiatives that are pursued by EERA JP Wind are:
- Floating offshore wind technology to make floating offshore wind cost competitive and
- Integration of large-scale offshore wind energy to enable the future reliable operation and zero emission of the power system.
The call for contributions is officially open. Abstracts can be directly submitted to the EERA JP Wind Operations & Communications Manager, Flaminia Riccioni Capelli, [email protected], by August 8.
More details will be provided soon here. For more information, please email to [email protected]