This webinar presents the Floating Wind Factsheet – the latest Research & Innovation priorities for floating wind developed by ETIPWind (the European Technology & Innovation Platform on Wind Energy).
Our speakers discussed how these fit with the Offshore Renewable Energy Strategy that the European Commission unveils this autumn. The speakers were:
- Alexander Vandenberghe, Advisor Research & Innovation, WindEurope
- Henrik Stiesdal, Danish wind power pioneer and CEO of Stiesdal A/S
- Knut Vassbotn, Head of Business Development Offshore wind, Aker Solutions
- Mark Van Stiphout, Deputy Head of Unit, Research and Innovation at DG Energy, European Commission
- Ignacio Pantojo Floating Offshore Wind Department Manager, Iberdrola
European floating offshore wind requires urgent action from policymakers to unleash large-scale commercialisation and deliver the clean, competitive and reliable energy society we want. Europe has a unique opportunity to capitalise on its technology leadership.
A supportive regulatory framework capitalising on academic excellence and allowing the first commercial projects will unlock industrialisation and faster market deployment. A significant increase in the build-out of floating offshore wind will bring costs further down and demonstrate commercial viability, similar to bottom-fixed technology.